Psychological Science - most related articles:
- Distressed young drivers take risks on road
- 1 in 10 youth gamers addicted to video games
- Uncertainty more stressful than negative feedback
- Prostate cancer screening PSA test controversial recommendation
- Are dietary supplements working against you?
- Babies born to anxious depressed women sleep poorly
- Social exclusion may make you feel cold
- Cortex of brain linked to intelligence and intellectual capacity
- Passive smoking may lead to poorer mental health
- Psychological distress linked to increased risk of stroke
Psychological Science articlesProstate cancer screening PSA test controversial recommendation
The uproar that began last year when the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force stated that doctors should no longer offer regular prostate-cancer tests to healthy men continued this week when the task force released their final report.Are dietary supplements working against you?
Well, according to a study published in an upcoming issue of Psychological Science, a journal of the Association for Psychological Science, there seems to be an interesting asymmetrical relationship between the frequency of dietary supplement use and the health status of individuals.Everyday stress may lead to over eating, weight gain, obesity
Stress can take a daily toll on us that has broad physical and psychological implications. Science has long documented the effect of extreme stress, such as war, injury or traumatic grief on humans. Typically, such situations cause victims to decrease their food intake and body weight. Recent studies, however, tend to suggest that social stress--public speaking, tests, job and relationship pressures--may have the opposite effect--over-eating and weight gain.Cortex of brain linked to intelligence and intellectual capacity
A larger brain cortex predicts greater intellectual capacity in a person, revealed by researchers. These findings would help researchers and scientists to find new ways of increasing intelligence.
4 Psychological Science articles listed above.